View Single Post
nannyde 07:03 AM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Parents may not pay (some providers) enough to PLAY WITH their children, but they certainly don't pay for the provider to be taking care of her personal household duties while caring for their child either.
Some parents don't pay for it at all. Not that they don't pay ENOUGH but they don't pay for it at all.

Having children have a childhood where they play with each other and entertain themselves is NOT a new concept. It's not a "stretch" of the imagination.

I absolutely do my personal duties when the kids are up. My son and I produce one load of laundry every three days. One in nine loads here is for our personal clothes. The time it would take to separate our stuff and do it at a different time from the day care laundry would be more time than it is to do it all together. THAT would be a waste of resources and time.

We eat the leftovers from the kids meals so again... it would be a waste of resources to make our food separately.

I pay my staff assistant about three hours a week to do heavy cleaning which includes our private living space. This is done during nap time. We have nothing else TO do personally besides cooking, cleaning, laundry. We are simple people.

Silly