View Single Post
gbcc 08:16 AM 02-21-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
No, she's not too young. It definitely sounds like she might have a speech delay and it's possible there are other things going on as well. Have you brought your concerns up to her parents?
I have tried nicely to point out milestones the other two are doing. Mom has made comments about the other two being so far ahead and needing to work on her child. Well mom made a good effort for like a wk. When the girl started saying "pa" for up and please her mom was so happy and just stopped. I would expect her to say Thank You, an actual Up and some sort of please that sounds like Please.

I also stated to mom that she doesn't seem to babble. Mom swears she babbles at home. Well we work on blocks, shapes, etc all morning and I just get stares. The other two babble with each other and laugh and this one may laugh when the others do but thats it. I don't believe she babbles. I think mom may be in denial. I also forgot to mention that the cord was wrapped around her neck at birth and it took awhile for her to cry. Another flag of why I feel these delays should be addressed.