View Single Post
LittleScholars 08:53 AM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
It used to be that way here, too. Now inspectors are told that if they don't find anything they are not doing their job efficiently. They are fearful for their jobs, too. Their funding is based on showing improvements. No violations = No intervention = No improvement.

We really have to work hard for our 100%. I use a daily checklist because I don't want to miss anything. We are inspected randomly every quarter, every 3 months minimum. Sometimes 3 days after a perfect inspection just because.
YUCK. I do get inspected a lot, and I welcome it, but I feel like they've been trying to give more "technical support" when they can, and they aren't hunting for violations. I am a super rule follower, so I'm sure this helps, but I appreciate that inspections actually seem to becoming increasingly more HELPFUL to me. Last time they sent a survey after asking how my experience was and if there was anything they could improve. I can only hope this change spreads!

Of COURSE, I want my program to be the very best it can be, which is why I lurk on this site so often, but that feels like a lot of added pressure for providers.