View Single Post
Pestle 09:53 AM 10-19-2018
I don't go halvsies on handwashing--it needs to be with warm water for at least 20 seconds, both so the kids build the habit and so they don't spread disease. They may not have wiped their butts, but they've touched all kinds of surfaces and body parts.

And licensing prohibits kids in the kitchen in my state. Which I thought was silly until I found an aspirin tablet on my kitchen floor yesterday, and realized that no amount of carefulness from the daycare provider can fix careless spouses. He's all the time breaking glasses and leaving it on the floor for me to clean up, too.

I suppose I could wipe DCK, then go wash my hands in the kitchen sink where I can still see the kids who are eating, but then I couldn't see him as he struggles to remember in which order to dismount the toilet, pull up his underwear, and pull up his pants. I may have to wipe him real quick, then stand sentinel and remind him each step of the process before we both go back to the dining room together and I continue to the kitchen to wash my hands. BLECH.

There maybe something to that "feed him first" idea. At first I didn't like it, because I want the kids to learn table manners and how to be a good guest, but dining together as a group is just not working right now.

Next upgrade is going to be a low sink in the playroom bathroom, which will eliminate the falling risk while washing hands. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and get the minor remodeling done.