View Single Post
nannyde 07:54 AM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I'm wondering if there is more going on with that family. I think its a cop out to suddenly change providers because the kids don't go outside. Heck we are inside today because its so cold (michigan ladies we have the same weather) I even had parents today ask me not to take the walk to the library. (you know its cold when your glasses are stuck to your face)
I would pay half back and thats it. But also, why didn't the parent ask for a contract or something written, its also the parents responsibility too. I also think, that asking for that much money upfront is just insane. I would reword some things in your contract.
But I watch alot of courts, and basically its going to come to down to a)you need to prove it and b)she said you said deal.
When they come up with something that can EASILY be fixed on their clock (like outdoor time... just have them outside for a few mintues when you get home and have at it... get up earlier in the morning and get em out before you go off to work) then you know it's almost ALWAYS about money.

I'll betcha they found a cheaper and easier day care that told them to get to enrolling now or they aren't going to have a cheapo slot for them. They want the upfront money from first provider to give upfront money for cheapo provider.

They had the opportunity to behave badly because they knew they could. They don't have the money now but they will. Knowing the provider wouldn't give it back didn't get them to pass up on cheapo provider. In the end they'll get both.

That's my guess.