Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Ariana 10:01 AM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Sometimes I think parents don't know what's "normal" for young children because they don't have any to compare their child to.

I have one getting speech services that the therapist and I think should be getting services for autism but Mom & Dad don't see it. Another who's almost 3 that I have to concentrate very hard to understand after over a year here. ("Devin has those two" sounds like "Deh ha doh do") He supposedly only has a pacifier when sleeping but often comes in with it in his mouth. Mom and Dad don't see a problem with his speech.
Absolutely! They have no clue what is normal or not and don’t defer to someone who does. I mean why do they assume they know if this is their first kid. Mom has a niece who is a chatter box and this was the reason she felt her daughter was off and asked me 7 months ago. Then she just deferred to everyone around her saying it was no problem. It took me 6 months to convince them to take her for the appointment. I just don’t understand it at all

Anyway dad came in last night and told me they made the follow up appointment and said “neither one of us could remember why we were waiting on doing that”. Its like an episode of dumb and dumber I swear