View Single Post
Ariana 12:48 PM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Thank you. You just proved my point.

I posted that.

This little guy's mom is 23 years old. She just split up with child's father. He is currently couch surfing with friends until he finds a suitable place to live. DCMom just lost both her grandparents within the same week (April) and is spending every waking minute outside her job (she's an RN) with her father who is in hospice dying a slow painful death from pancreatic cancer. Her mom's breast cancer just returned too. Between driving her mom to chemo (4 hours away) 2-3 times a week, she also makes weeks of meals and freezes them so her mom has easy to make meals for those times when DCM is unable to cook for her. DCM is an only child so these family duties fall on her. She is also having to maintain her father's house and her mothers (they aren't together) and make sure both have clean laundry, lawn care and other errands taken care of.
She is over worked and stressed to the max. She's doing everything she can to be everything to everyone.

But yep.... She is "a good example of a human that gave birth and is not a mother."
But you yourself said that we have no idea what is going on in the parents life and yet you KNOW all of this. If we knew all of this we would feel the same way and most people in desperate situations will tell you. We have parents that are doing their best but I am not naive enough to think that every parent is fighting some invisible fight that no one else sees Some parents are jerks, full stop. I have definitely been in this business and in this world long enough to know that.