View Single Post
Mom2Two 04:33 PM 08-27-2017
Is anyone the health insurance carrier for their family, meaning that you get some kind of self employed health insurance?

After a year of getting warned to not work more than 30 hours a week, my husband's employer stopped warning him for some reason, and in this past "look back period" he worked like 30.25 hours per week (he also has a part-time small business) and so now he's offered health insurace, whereas before we had health insurance through the marketplace exchange and also got a tax credit.

His employment also offered to make him "full-time reduced benefits" status, so it seems like they do want him to work more hours, and of course he'll have to in order to afford the health insurance. <head ache>

It's all slightly confusing.

I know that one option is to go with a co-op like Samaritan Ministries or others like that. Another option is to get insurance through the exchange without the tax credit.

And then the more we earn, the less we'll qualify for things like the CACFP tier one and stuff like that. Especially since I'll be losing child support next Spring and I've been preparing for that by taking on more children.

Phew! So who has found luck getting SE insurance ?