View Single Post
Scout 04:14 AM 12-04-2013
Unfortunately, I do my major cleaning on the weekends. I have realized that I have to let go some of my pickiness and do nof need to dust every single book, candle, etc every week. I have reslized it goes much quicker if I use the bathroom cleaner in all areas I need it, then put it away, same with windex. For example, I will go around doing all mirrors amd glass throughout the house. Then I will wipe down counters, microwave, oven, door hadles, ligjt switches all at once. When something is completed I move on to the next task. Usually dist the whome house at once and since I do not move everything each week anymore and dust around some of it, it goes pretty quick. Then I vacuum the whole house, then wash floors. I used to complete my cleaning room by room, but, I always felt sgressed thay I was not getting anywhere so I find this way easier.

During hours, I enpty the dishwasher during breakfast, clean up breakfast after ds gets on the bus. I clean up the kitchen, family room, and play room after meals and make sure all toys are put away for nap time. Before turning in for the night, make sure there are no crumbs, dishes out, or dirty laundry laying around, which the kids help me with whike we pkay in the playroom. Unfortunatley, my dh does not help much but, he takes good care of our kids while I work 3 nights a week and is great with the dcks. I have to give him credit since his house is not his own on most of his days off so I know that must stink for him! He does vacuum occasionally on tue weekends, but, I think its more to get it done in the living room before football starts!