View Single Post
Kaddidle Care 03:18 PM 04-19-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Try going into a school office right after school starts. You'll find several kids coming into the office to check in because they're late. I had to take my dcb late a few weeks back. (My daughter accidently picked up his clothes and took them to work with her so I had to take him home to get some clothes.) There were 9 kids standing in line to check in.

Kids coming in late disrupt the office to check in. (Yes, it's their job, I know.) Then they go to the classroom where they disrupt whatever the teacher has going on. Some on here complain about parents coming in late. How would you handle it if you had several kids coming in late every day disrupting the other students?

The school can't punish the parents, so what do you expect them to do? What would your solution be?
Hmm - perhaps making the parents bring the child back home for the day?

I agree it's disrupting - we had a parent that brought her daughter 45 minutes to an hour late just about every day of Prek. We had playtime for the first 20 minutes of class. That way if there were kids late, they wouldn't disrupt lessons and the kids quickly caught on that if they were late, they missed "fun time."