View Single Post
Laurel 10:06 AM 05-30-2013
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Yes, but be careful how you word this. The Dr. doesn't get the final ok, YOU do.
Very good point. I agree.

I don't have a policy per se about this. I just decide and they can take it or leave it. My whole contract is only 2 pages and I don't have a handbook. I don't feel I need it. I try to choose good parents and I am reasonable with what I will and won't accept and if they don't like it they can leave. No one ever has left because they were upset about something. The only time they leave is if they are moving out of town or going to kindergarten.

But you are definitely right. The doctor doesn't know my exact situation. I guess I could say "I will 'consider' taking him back tomorrow if you bring a doctor's note." That way I'm covered. But in some ways not having a handbook really gives me more leeway in all my decisions. I don't have them coming back to me saying "Well that isn't what your handbook says...."

I feel I'm flexible and reasonable and if they need to know how I handle every little thing that hasn't actually happened yet then they can hit the road.

Laurel