View Single Post
LeggoMyEggo 12:13 PM 07-11-2015
I was never being negative towards OP. I was not even talking about her in my initial comments, I was more talking about other posters and prior posts that I've read. Making a point that in the eyes of a lot of individuals on this forum a parent can never do right. They're d'ed if they do, d'ed if they don't. That's the point I was making.
I only addressed OP when she addressed me. So I'd advise to re read my comments as they were never to OP, more just in general. I have every right to believe, think, or say that a home daycare provider is a glorified babysitter as I did. And yes, I have owned my own home daycare and been a director and yes, that is still how I feel, even though I did it as well. I now work in a school along with others who have actual degrees to be considered "teachers". Sorry I just do not feel a provider is a "teacher" nor deserves the title of that. A lot of people including myself feel the same about the babysitter comment. Even some of the clients we serve in the childcare industry feel the same. Again, if you don't like how I feel, well it's my opinion. I'm not being or intending to be rude, you may feel that I am and that's fine. Most people mistake my bluntness for rudeness and that's fine. Take it how you like.