View Single Post
Heidi 12:02 PM 10-14-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I don't participate in this kind of drama.
I play. They sit until they are dressed. Then I check their work. If it's good I let them play. If not the can sit on the deck and struggle, watch kids play, look at the sky, etc. but they don't get attention until they are ready for play.
I don't have a "clean spot" for my little man to sit, so I am sure mom will be wondering why his socks are so dirty. He messed around for 20 minutes before finally putting his shoes on today.

Now the problem is, its getting cold enough that he needs his coat on to be outside, but with his coat on, he can't get his shoes on (too bulky). He does not seem to "get" the consequence, so I can't just let him freeze (well, not freeze, but it's kind of uncomfortable).

Same guy has also almost completely stopped napping. Took 3 hour naps until a couple weeks ago, now..maybe an hour. Let's see...4 more days of it.

I look forward to enjoying seeing him when his mom and I spend time together. I can then just roll my eyes on the inside while he is treated like a little king.