View Single Post
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 10:01 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
Not much advice, but I have rarely met a home schooled child who had issues with socialization. And if they do, it is because of their personality and those issues would remain rather they were in school or not. If you think it would be better for your son, I say go for it. Worse case scenario, you have to enroll back in school, but I think from the sounds of it home school would work better for him.
I would look into some online schooling options, in our state they are free. We have considered home schooling for our girls, but they struggle with losing their friends. Transportation to activities would be difficult unless you could find a mom that you could maybe work an arrangement out with. Maybe you could find someone with a younger child who you could watch while the other mom takes the older kids to group activities?
Good luck! School is rough, and there are no easy answers, just have to go with your gut!
It sure isn't what it use to be. My oldest would never ever go for being homeschooled at all. She loves school and her friends. My son is more like me and very reserved in social situations. He has a few friends but doesn't go out of his way to meet people either. My youngest is just starting out and we wanted her to get the experience but she isn't really learning anything yet that she didn't know before hand since we are only 6 weeks into school.

I worry every single day if someone is going to gain entrance to the school. My son is in a trailer behind the school, but then again I'm a worry wart and worry about everything all the time. Like tomorrow my son is going hunting with my husband (his dad) and some of hubby friends. I was ok last week when they weren't up in tree stands, but tomorrow they will be in tree stands. Even though it is a double and he will be with his dad I fear the worst all the time. I'm a silence helicopter mom. I don't push my insecurities off on my kids or even let it known when I get like that.