View Single Post
Preschool/daycare teacher 09:53 AM 11-24-2015
This has not happened yet, but I was just thinking, what if a parent calls in the morning of the child's first day of attendance that week saying their child is sick and won't be coming? And that is when their weekly payment is due? I changed my policy to paying at drop off on child's first scheduled day of each week (this seems to be working the best for my program as paying on their last day of attendance of each week for the next week just wasn't working). But if the child doesn't end up attending on their first scheduled day, do you start applying late fees until the payment is made? And do you mention that while you're talking to the parent about their child being sick, that they still need to bring the money or pay the late fee? I'm afraid it would sound like I didn't even care that the child was sick as long as I got my money. And if they're sick, is the parent just supposed to get the child out in the cold weather to bring the payment to me? I'd feel like an awful person doing that, but if I'm nice and say to just bring it on the child's next day here, I can see parents taking advantage of this (especially the part time ones who are only scheduled two days a week), and let's say the child can't come the next day they're scheduled either because of the 24 hours rule, so they end up not bringing payment for that week at all. When would late fees begin in a situation like that?