View Single Post
daycarediva 09:48 AM 09-12-2016
Originally Posted by happymom:
He moves to the older group starting Monday, but nothing changes in regards to nap time.

I am going to talk to the director about accommodations, but I wanted to see, first, if I could get him back in a napping routine.

Over the long weekend I WAS able to get him to nap. I REALLY do think he should have a nap, so I want to exhaust all my options in regards to turning him in to a napper again rather than get him on a no-nap plan with the daycare.
What time did he fall asleep at home after his nap on the weekends? Can you push bedtime back and wake him earlier?

If not, and all else fails I would discuss options with the center- I stagger my kids to sleep. Youngest first, oldest last. Oldest is a 50/50 napper, but she gets books, puzzles, file folder games, or busy boxes on her mat and is quiet as a mouse either way. I also play books on CD.

If he doesn't nap, would they be open to him bringing a rest time activity? My 4yo dck is playing with empty plastic baby wipe container with a lego base glued to the underside and legos in it.