View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 09:51 AM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
As a prior process server; I agree; not all states will accept your contract. I use to serve court documents on families - what flies in one state, won't in another, so I created mine to the point it worked in most, if not all states because I moved a lot. When it didn't quite work, I re-worded it, however most require a stated fee somewhere in payment section
My fee agreement is a separate signed agreement. That agreement has their days, hours and schedules as well as their rates. For me it's easier to have all clients sign a contract once (4 pages) and then just sign my fee schedule whenever there are rate increases, changes in their schedule, move up or down from PT to FT etc. The fee agreement is only one page so less for me to have to re-print and save on file whenever there is a change. The separate signed fee agreement works as it's own contract in conjunction to my regular contract and handbook. It's just a different way of doing it but because everyone's signatures are on there it works legally.