View Single Post
MyAngels 11:44 AM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
You're so right. Time to put my girl pants on... I think I'll just text both of them. I just feel stupid because I've let it go on so long that springing termination on them seems harsh.
I don't think this needs to be as difficult as you may think. Personally, I wouldn't handle this by text, but with a simple face-to-face conversation. Unless the guy is a complete jerk he's going to comply with what you're asking. A frank conversation reiterating what you've asked them to do and why should be all it takes. It's not about rules (or breaking them), appearing harsh, or anything else. It's simply about the safety of all of the children in your care.

"Jim there's something we need to discuss, and I need your help here. I've asked you quite a few times not to drop off during the bus pickup time, and here's the reason why: It's not safe for the kids. We can't have vehicles pulling in and out of the drive while the children are out there. It only takes one mistake, one wrong move, and one of these precious little ones could be hurt, or worse, killed. You wouldn't want that to happen would you? Of course not, and I don't either. That's why I've asked that you not drop between 8 and 8:15. I'm sure you've not considered the safety side of this and that's why you've ignored the rule so far, but honestly, now that we've discussed this, I see no reason that you would want to continue to drop off during this time, and from here on out you need to drop off either before we go out or after we come back in. Can I count on you to put the safety of the children first going forward?"

Simple, really. Have the talk with both of them if necessary.