View Single Post
NewParent2018 06:17 PM 12-05-2018
I hope this is the right place to ask; I'm a parent who is currently looking for Daycare and I just don't understand how it's possible....but all of the places we've gone to have the same 4 to 1 ratio.

What does a normal day look like when you have to care for four babies? Do you assign naptimes so that one or two babies are always in a crib sleeping? What do you physically do with babies who can't stand/walk/sit-up?

I've asked some questions during our tours and everyone is super friendly and says that it's not a problem and how they do all these great things with the babies and maybe I'm just a little skeptical because they're also trying to sell me their services.

For those who have worked in those situations, how do you feel about the ratio? Would you put your own child into a 4:1 daycare as an infant?

Also, how do you really feel about special requests/medial issues?

Our baby has some reflux/spitting up issues. It's a real pain. The doctor has us holding him upright for 15 minutes after every feeding and feeding him more frequently so he eats less at at time. We've mentioned this to providers and they all say, 'Oh, that's no problem at all' but - dealing with that is a pain for me when I'm home alone with the baby. I can't fathom doing that and dealing with three other babies.

Do you feel like you have time to do these things each day?

My apologies for all the length. I will say, everyone we've met has been super great and I have so much respect for the job they do. Still, I'd really love some 3rd party opinions.