View Single Post
sunlight 06:12 AM 02-06-2014
It used to really irritate me when parents did this when I was first starting out in child care. IT's been 12 years now and I deal with it a bit better. A couple of the kids I care for are absolutely amazing! They are the very best behaved, have exceptional manners, helpful etc! There parents seem like they don't want anything to do with them. It absolutely breaks my heart! One little girl who will be 3 in May and has been with me since 3 months old had a flu bug a couple of weeks ago. Her mom texted me at 5am letting me know the little girl was up all night vomiting and wouldn't be at daycare. By 10am the dad texted me saying she was doing better and wanted to know if he could drop her off at 12 noon? I was shocked. I told them no the policy is 24 hour vomit free. Same thing happens with the little boy. Mom usually hangs out with the 7 year old daughter but just can't seem to want to be with her little boy. I once said he is so good why don't you want to bring him along with his sister? Instantly I felt like I put my foot in my mouth. The look of guilt across her face and the excuses that followed. I just couldn't help myself though. Naughty me!

These are the times I really feel that our jobs are so very important. We aren't just watching kids. We are in fact raising peoples kids. They are learning EVERYTHING they know from US. That's a big responsibility. But, I really love what I do and really love these kiddos so I keep on going. It just shows me that there are lots of different kinds of people in this world.