View Single Post
Unregistered 07:01 PM 02-11-2014
Craftymissbeth....THAT is very interesting. Maybe that sorta actually helps me to understand it. I guess that's *if* my daycare used that formula to figure out their pricing, but if I choose to believe they did, then I can not feel so screwed anymore!

Sorry to hear about your water issue...OMG that kinda stuff STINKS because how many HOURS of your time did you spend just dealing with that?? You're lucky you got it sorted out.

And, hey, all you business owners out there, consider this:

This daycare I'm complaining about has another policy: Once per year you are allowed to take your child on vacation and NOT pay for that week at all.

I was so surprised to hear this. The daycare is expecting my child and they've held a spot in their school for my child and I've decided not to have my child attend. I actually EXPECT to have to pay in this scenario and they tell me I don't have to!

Honestly, I wish they'd scrap that policy entirely and instead just not charge me for snow days. Because on one hand I feel like I'm getting a benefit I don't even deserve, but on the other hand I feel like I'm getting screwed. Switch the two policies and I'm happy.

Besides, their vacation policy "punishes" families with less money and less ability to take vacation! If I'm in one of those families who don't get paid if I don't work (i.e. no paid vacation), then I might only go away on weekends and never take a week vacation. In that case I never get the BENEFIT of this policy, yet those families will also bear the worst burden on snow days. ('cause if they can't go to work, they don't get paid.)