View Single Post
broncomom1973 05:40 AM 04-15-2011
Thanks for everyones advice I know there are several issues here to be addressed. I had a very "nice" talk with dd last night about what behavior is acceptable. I know that will not prevent this from happening again, but she knows that I was extremely upset with her. As far as suggestions to send her somewhere else in my home, I cant do that. My entire main level is open. You walk in the door and the only thing separating any other part of my main level is a massive fireplace that runs from my basement through the upstairs. There are no walls other than the bathroom and laundry room. I am not licensed to use my upstairs or basement so that is not an option. Our daycare area is the open area on one side of the fireplace which is connected to my kitchen. It is gated off from my living and dining rooms, but open as I said. No matter where you go on this main level (1000 sq ft), it is pretty much open. So, other than waiting out front for dcd (which I couldnt leave my kids inside at ages 2,3 and 6) I really dont have a way to physicallly remove her from the group. I will just have to really "work" on my parenting skills with her. She has always been my best behaved, shares well, listens until just recently at age 3-1/2, so I better fix this before it gets out of hand. Thanks for all the advice.