View Single Post
Laurel 10:25 AM 08-27-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
I wish! I can only have up to 6 kids by myself and one is my own so it wouldn't do me any good financially to pay someone to come over.
Well I do have my sister who is qualified to come over and take over for me if I need, and I call her my "assistant" but I only have her come if I have an appointment or if one of my kids has an appointment and my dh can't take them. And she is a RN and my sis so I totally trust her to be here.

Here, anyone who watched the kids except in an extreme emergency has to be qualified in order to be here if I am not. That means background checks, fingerprinted, cpr, first aid, 5 hours of training a year, blood borne pathogen and shaken baby syndrome trained (can't think of what else right now) needs to be done.
Anyone who watches children for me here is considered a sub. They have to take a 6 hour training class (just once), be fingerprinted and background checked, cpr, first aid every 2 years, have character references. Plus I have to have one sub to operate. Most of us use our husbands or a friend or neighbor and they have their own jobs.

Laurel