View Single Post
Daycaremomof2 07:15 AM 01-27-2012
I also have a college degree AND a master's. I am a mother, and my own mother used to watch a few children when I was growing up. I even took a few semesters of nursing school, so I know CPR/First Aid, etc. I used to be a children's event director, and was in charge of creating and leading daily childrens activities.

I am LEGALLY unlicensed. I know all of our state laws, and I provide excellent childcare.

Just because you are unlicensed does not mean that you are unqualified. Often times, the State makes you jump through so many hoops to get licensure, and it is more of a pain and inconvenience than anything else. The state's main concern is liability, and there are so many more aspects to childcare other than liability.

Just because your neighbor is watching children (whether licensed or unlicensed) doesn't mean you have the right to try to get her in trouble. She is just trying to make a living like everyone else. You could ruin their entire family's financial future and lives- and for what- because you don't want to see people driving to her house to drop off their kids? If you don't see abuse, neglect, or any other problems, just mind your own business.