View Single Post
Annalee 07:32 PM 02-11-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I understand and even agree with most (not all) of what you are saying and honestly, my only answer is the same answer I tell my daycare children.

Life isn't fair.

The sooner you accept that and figure out how to make your life as happy as you want or need it to be, it is what it is. There are VERY few things in life that are truly fair.

Charging for snow days is NOT fair.

But I do it anyways.

Not just because I can but because I can and because it is how I personally choose to run my business.

If it doesn't work for a specific family, then they don't sign on with me. Other than finding care that doesn't charge for snow days you really only have one other option.....live somewhere where it doesn't snow.
AMEN!!! Discussions between providers/parents are endless. I have been reading posts this evening where parents don't want their kids to nap because they can't get the child to go to bed ...then there is how charging for snow days is unfair ....I get many calls from persons I know that are not in my dc and they want to know "if their current provider can do certain things like the issues mentioned"....to which I reply "if the contract said mud would be served every day at lunch and you signed, then YES they can do that!" If you don't want to abide by this contract, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!! BUT if they come to my dc, I will have the same, if not stiffer, guidelines. We are business owners, not heartless, but we have boundaries to make this job worthwhile for ourselves and our families.