View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 08:40 AM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by SnowDayMom:
This is totally different. Let's look at MV's scenario: MV paid for a gym membership and was DENIED use of the gym for two days, but was charged for it anyway. Know what I'd be doing? (I know you know...) I'D BE COMPLAINING. It's not fair.

Maybe MV's contract is clear that if the roof falls in she still has to pay for the gym membership--I don't know. But that doesn't make it fair and it would probably cause her to look for another gym.

SilverSabre, you're likening it to a "spot held"...as in, almost like a club membership, but it's not the same thing.
I didn't complain about my gym closing, but that's just me. I understand that some things are out of their control and things happen. They didn't plan on their pipe bursting. It didn't really bother me that much.

I know that you would have complained ... even before you said you would. I've worked in the restaurant business and in retail in my younger years and you are most likely (all assumptions here, and yes I know about assumptions) what people in the customer service field call "one of those customers".

And really we can all keep going in circles here over and over but it doesn't really matter because it really is all about the contract. If you don't think it's fair find a daycare that is "fair". I don't charge for days that I have to close my daycare because I'm sick, I go on vacation, or I take a personal day. But my clients pay for their spot even if they come or not so if they go on vacation, if they get sick ... they pay. It's in my contract. They are paying the same flat weekly rate regardless of whether they are using it or not.

"b. Fees are charged for the week and are based solely on enrollment, not on attendance. There are no deductions in fees regardless of whether a child is present or not. " This is what we in our business call "paying for the slot/spot"