View Single Post
DancingQueen 11:25 AM 09-09-2010
I've had my kids in daycare and provided their meals. It never seemed like a hassle to me. Probably because my kids have always packed their own lunches though..lol

I know that initially I'll deal with everyone wanting what everyone else has but if I'm consistant with my answers I'm sure that will end pretty quickly.

My biggest problem is that I have some VERY picky eaters.
Mac and Cheese - 2 will eat and 2 will not
nuggets and FF - 1 will eat nuggets, 1 will eat FF but the other two won't touch either
pbutter & Jelly - 2 will eat, 1 will sometimes and other won't touch it
grilled cheese - 3 will eat it
tuna - 2 will eat it
apples 3 will eat
apple sauce 2 will eat
pears - 3 will eat
no one will touch any good stuff, stew, soups, pasta, lunch meat and so on (except for my child & and the one that wants the exception)

and the list goes on - regardless of what I make someone isn't eating unless I make a 2ndary meal. and then I'm dealing with the "I want that" anyways. So I'd rather have this be on the parents shoulders. If the kids complain about their lunches I'll let them know they'll ahve to talk to mom and dad about that.

And then the waitress portion of it is crazy.
Can I have more juice
Can I have another piece of sandwich
can I have some too
can I have another apple slice
can I have more ketchup
can I have water
I want milk

it is the entire time and I am just tired of it - plus I've been providing breakfast too (low key - very simple things).

I charge 140 per week - my area average is about 170

I'd rather have parents pay the same rate and provide lunches.

I spoke to several providers before I became licensed and several told me not to provide lunch - they said I'd regret it. And they were right.
So far all of the parents have completely understood and have no issues with it. Even this one parent didn't when we originally spoke.

Owell - I'm sticking to my guns and 1/1 can't come soon enough - 6 month notice was too much