View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 06:09 AM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Wow! These childcare workers seem super bitter and confrontational. Also why do you also assume that all parents who pay for childcare get paid days off? Some people own and operate their own businesses or work for themselves so if my child is only going to the facility 2 out of the four days we pay for due to a holiday; it definitely doesn’t feel fair to parents. Prorating makes more sense. To answer most of your question “why should we get a paid day off?” The answer is, you probably only have an associates and work for a private facility or yourself. So maybe you should stop complaining and get and actual salary/union job if you want paid days off. That being said my son’s preschool teachers are great and I’m glad that at least some of the money all of the parents are paying is actually going towards their paid holiday.
So you DO agree that childcare providers should get paid days off. Glad you got your negativity out before admitting you actually agree with paid time off. Also, you should tell your provider they need an actual job if they want the time off. Because caring for your child in a center versus caring for a child in an in-home daycare makes all the difference in being deserving of paid time off. One's an actual job and one is not according to you. Just make sure you tell them that up front before signing the contract.