View Single Post
cheerfuldom 09:49 AM 09-14-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I've been asked not to say the word "No" to and around DCB because DCM didn't "want to expose him to the word no". She also wanted me to prohibit the other DCK's from using the word "No".
I told her NO .

I've been asked to enroll and take a DCB in swim lessons. Mind you she wanted ME to do the work of registering him, paying for the class and she would reimburse me later with proof of receipt and since she wouldn't be able to make it right on time for the Baby and Me classes wanted ME to get into the pool with her DS for the first 10 minutes until she got there and changed into her suit. No.

I had a drop-in mom last week ask for an overnight stay. Here's how she "requested" that:

DCM: Hey Ness, I want ***** to stay the night on Thursday so I can get stuff done (she was packing. Also she didn't ask, she said "I want"). I'd pay you of course. So it would be Thursday all day and he would spend the night and then stay all day Friday too, so thats 2 days at the regular rate plus all the hours in between that he's awake.
ME: (brief uncomfortable stare at DCM) I don't regularly do overnights and if I do you'd pay for his sleeping hours too, it's not worth it for you .. trust me.
DCM: Oh, I have to pay for the time that he's sleeping too?? I see. Well how much would that be?
ME: Well look, it's a school night. And I have a training on Thursday anyway from 6:30 to 10:30pm so I won't be available anyway.
DCM: Oh that's okay [DH] can watch him while you're at your class. let me know how much that'll be.
ME: You really want to know how much that'll cost? (break the cost down with her) ... so that comes out to $145 just for Thursday until 8am Friday. If he stays here through Friday that'll be another $75 so $220. (more than an entire week of childcare at my highest rate)
DCM: Oh.
ME: And that's even if [DH] even agrees to watch him while I'm gone. That's up to him and I can ask him but I doubt he will.
DH: No (says it from kitchen, DCM didn't know he was there)
DCM: Oh. Okay.

I suppose I should say that all three examples above were the same DCM and how relieved I am that she has moved out of state
I had the same situation on the word no and had a family leave over it.