View Single Post
Heidi 11:14 AM 08-03-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
well I show them what life skills are, like today---we are leaving for our trip later today so I was cleaning the house (I hate coming home and then having to clean) well I was cleaning the toilets and dcg asked me what I was doing, so I told her that I had to clean the toilets, I asked her if her mom cleans the toilet and she says "no" I then remembered that they have a maid that comes in and does things. I let my dck's help me with all the basic life skills, but how do you stop them from fighting when it comes to loading and unloading the dishwasher they all want to help.
lol...same system here today. Leaving for the weekend, hate comming back to a dirty house. Everyone (including 9 yo) was sooooo tired this morning, so, for once I turned on the tv, gave them all their blankets, closed the curtains, and they watched a half hour of the Smurfs while I scrubbed the bathroom and ran the vacuum through the downstairs.

I can never do the downstairs (family room, and our master suite), because either the kids are upstairs (and I can't here them), or they are sleeping downstairs, so I can't get in there then either. Last thing I want to do on weekends or evenings is clean more. So, once every week or two (usually 1.5...lol), I take them downstairs, and then they "help" me clean, or they get to play with a few different toys while I do it.