Thread: Some Questions
View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 12:14 PM 05-22-2010
I agree! What fun! I guess if you wanted to do boys only it would be great but I have to say that if it's just you as staff and you did a all girls only daycare in the middle of 40 acres I don't think too many people would be inclined to be a client lmao!

Mannies are popular (male nannies) with people that have male children because it offers them the chance to bond with a male role model. Also I know ALOT of single dads with boys that would probably feel better in having their boy at a DC with a male head figure. I don't see why it wouldn't be the same in your area.

I think that limiting yourself to just one sex would be just that ... limiting. If you to the whole gardening, husbandry etc that would be so inticing to both little girls and boys and appealing to parents (I know I would be interested). My hunny and I are looking for a home in my area on a LARGE lot for this same purpose. I want to do a lot of gardening, animal care-taking (maybe some hens and have the kids get the eggs), not to mention all of the room for playground equipment. I think it's a great idea. You can also always hire a female staff member to even things out if people are slow to sign up and hesitant because it's a man. I mean really ... I'm amazed at how many people think that a man can't be trusted to watch a child. It's like they think that only women are nurturing . One of the reasons that my clients love bringing their kids here is because my hunny helps out ALOT with the kiddos and does more projects that have to do with building things (birdhouses, small doghouse, and even just giving them a bunch of little pieces of wood, some nails and small hammers and having them build their own "whatever"). Don't freak out people, yes they use hammers but they also wear gloves, safety glasses and are supervised by the both of us when they do . It'll be interesting to hear what you decide to do.