Thread: Herniated Disc
View Single Post
Janet 08:34 PM 06-29-2010
I have 2 herniated discs in my lumbar vertabrae and that was from about 3 years ago. I know that it's getting worse but I'm too much of a chicken to get another MRI because if I get another MRI, then it'll make this whole denial thing much harder! Just a few suggestion, make sure that when you lift, you do it the right way, it really does help. I also do yoga and that helps keep me limber. Be prepared for a lot of pain, so be willing to try a bunch of different stuff. I take gabapentin (generic for Neurontin) and that helps me to wake up in the morning without a ton of back pain. Also, sleeping with a pillow between your knees can help. Theres also the idea of using a TENS unit, which is really effective when you don't have the option of bed rest. The TENS unit really allows you to function more. It's something to consider. I have sciatica, too, but for that there's not much to do except just bare the pain. I get cortisone shots on occasion and it helps but I'm hesitant to do it because of the possibility of weakening the strength of my bones. I really hope that you can find a way to get through this and if you have any questions that I might be able to help with, feel free to ask.