Thread: New clothes
View Single Post
sarahhardy2711 11:10 AM 05-08-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
I don't worry too much about keeping their clothes clean. Although I wouldn't let them play in a mud puddle unless I'd warned the parents we would be doing something that messy. I warn parents they will get grass stains, sand, dirt, chalk etc on the clothes. My DCPS are glad the kids are happy & active.

I do let my own daughter wear new clothes to play & this is why:

They grow out of clothes so fast & she has sooo many (very indulgent grandparents) so she may as well look nice no matter what she's doing I keep a few things for special - church, parties and I have a few things more worn for really messy play. Otherwise she can wear new things and she knows she doesn't need to worry about them getting dirty.
s

I agree with u 100%. If my 2 yr old boy is wearing something, I expect it to get messed up. I would send him off knowing that he won't return looking so new. My husband said "why are you letting him wear his new spring clothes to play" and I said that's why I brought them! I always dress him cute in reasonably priced clothes that he will either mess up or grow out of! I feel sad to know some parents make there kids not play certain games just bc of clothes! That to me is materialistic!

I would let them play even harder just to make DCM pissed!!! J/K...?. maybe