Thread: Food Program
View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 04:42 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by Natalie:
I was told by my food program that you cannot charge more just because you might have to supply the formula!
When I used to bring my kids to a daycare provider she ALWAYS supplied formula, no matter what kind people wanted.
I do supply the formula for my families now I just offer the walmart brand (its all the same stuff) And I have not had 1 parent complain!
She's not charging more if she's providing formula. Buying cheaper of everything is just another way to keep costs low is what was meant. Provider's shop around, clip coupons, buy generic, buy used, etc. to keep daycare rates low. If we aren't making enough money to pay our bills and daycare costs then there's no reason to do daycare at all. Buying the less expensive formula is just one way for her to keep rates low and not HAVE to increase rates for a while. I didn't mean buy the cheap stuff and charge the same or offer expensive formula and charge her the difference.

Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
Should i just do what you guys have advised me and just talk with her or do what the food rep said?
I would do what the rep says since they are the ones with the regulations for you to follow. If you were told to do it this way then that's the way to do it. If you still feel bad about giving her information that isn't correct then you can still tell her but I don't think it's necessary. Their formula isn't what's typically given (usually the popular brands are Infamil & Similac) and it's up to you what you want to offer anyway.