View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:09 AM 09-15-2015
Originally Posted by daycare57:
You must live in Texas? But the rule is vague on #2, and my reply to that is the fact that the child was new to day care at 1 year old. Old enough to realize she is in a totally different situation which she doesn't understand, without Mommy. Her mother had told me to do as I saw best, and my reply was that I always want children in that situation to have a little extra TLC. I want that child to fall in love with me and feel comfortable. If she saw me walk away, she would scream and disturb the other kids. Same thing at drop off and at pick up, nap time, meal time. She took alot of love and caring, but was improving. So, if she fell asleep in the rocker I left her there, knowing she was safe and happy.
Layout of home, open to living room where she was, via a balcony, and we live in a safe area. So where is the violation of supervision? There isn't one. The child cried, I didn't go to her immediately, she stopped in a few minutes and I assumed she was sleeping again, which she was since she had reached for her pacifier and was again content. She had 2 bruises which showed up hours later. She was not in an unsafe situation, it was an accident. I am sorry I didn't check on her when she cried for those few minutes but I wasn't being mean or intentionally not going to her for any reason other than she usually cried, and loudly.
Licensing rules trump what you feel is best
You did not go to her.
You assumed.
She got hurt.
You failed to properly supervise.

End of story. NO MATTER what your intentions were.