View Single Post
snbauser 11:26 AM 03-13-2013
Originally Posted by mamac:
Oooh! I hadn't thought about doing that! I would love, love, love to have some free time during the summer to spend with my kids. I am used to living on a temporary smaller income as I have had to do that every winter while on unemployment. What a great idea. Since my boys were born I have had to work crazy long hours all spring, summer and fall. I never had any time with them while the weather was nice. I am going to talk to my dh about this tonight!! You are absolutely right about kids growing up way too fast! I want to spend as much time with them as possible.

Btw, do you have only teachers as clients? How does this schedule work for the rest of your clients? Also, how do you charge? Do you just go down to your part time rate for the summer?
Right now I only have teachers kids and when I am ready to fill my last spots I will advertise this schedule so that everyone knows up front. I am looking forward to 4 day weekends during the summer I just took my weekly rate and divided it by 5 days and then multiplied it by 3 to give them a rate for the 3 day week. I know money will be tight but even if it means I can spend the day at our community pool with my kids it will be worth it. I will find whatever free or inexpensive things I can. I know our bowling alley participates in the kids bowl free program for the summer where they kids can bowl 2 free games each day and we have a local $1 movie theater.