View Single Post
Willow 05:54 PM 10-03-2012
Originally Posted by jen:
Obama because...

My college age son has health insurance;

I'm a grown woman and until July of this year I hadn't had college since I was under my parents at 18. IMO it has nothing to do with who's in office. Not to mention, forcing people to get health insurance under threat of being financially penalized is NOT the way to fix this.

I was able to refinance my underwater home;

I lost mine under Obama's presidency. The ability to refinance or not has nothing to do with who's in office.

Because the changes he's made too our student loan program helps make college affordable and ensures our children won't be saddled with life long debt;

Funny, I was told my student loans could be deferred for a time when I moved to help me get back on my feet, then the government took all of my federal refund to not only recoup the few months I'd had them deferred but a very large chunk of what I still owed before it was even due....so by that logic, Obama should also take credit for that?

Because in my view, family looks like people who love and support each other regardlessf sexual orientation.

One person in office cannot determine who is allowed to be determined a couple or family based on sexual orientation. Why people are giving anyone credit or criticism to any one president for the way things currently are or will be is ridiculous

Romney...

Wanted to let the auto industry tank;

Did he really? And did they actually?

Wanted to let housing market tank;

Again, did he really? And did it actually?

Pays less percentage wise in taxes than I do;

But do you also contribute to the economy what he does? I know I don't....

When he has a uterus he can talk to me about what to do with mine;

He has a personal and religious belief about that, and in this country he has every right to....just like everyone does. That doesn't mean he, Obama, or anyone else is going to be able to tell any woman what to do with hers. The president of the United States may have a lot of power, but the power of the people have much MUCH more and that's all that matters when it comes to any social matter.

Plus, I can't possibly vote for a man who doesn't understand why airplane widows don't open.
Because you never had a brain fart in your life?

I responded in green.