View Single Post
Willow 06:06 PM 10-03-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I guess living in farm country, I can see why they have overturned the mexico city policy. I watch these people work in unstable and undesirable conditions, regardless of the weather. I am grateful for them. Why. Because with out them I would not have the fruit and vegetables that I eat every day all day. I would not have wine, I would not have a house, I would not have a lot of things.....

I remember here in California when the unemployment rate went through the roof, they tried to offer farming jobs to america people and would give them benefits too. NO one applied.........

Could you imagination if they had to hire only Americans for farming jobs? Seasonal jobs? One apple would cost me $4.00 or more.

I am really not too excited about either of the candidates, but because I don't get to vote I guess I really should not be allowed to complain either....lol

The Mexico City Policy has nothing to do with Mexico, Mexico City, imports, immigrants or migrant workers. It is only called the Mexico City Policy because that's where the UN population conference was held when it originated.

It is a policy where basically our taxes fund family planning organizations (think Planned Parenthood for example) which offer free or discounted birth control and abortions in other countries all over the world.

So much for freedom of religion, if I disagreed with abortion based on my religious beliefs tough beans....I'd still have to be paying for them, in other countries, because that's how my federal tax dollars were going to be distributed.

So many people have no idea what it actually is, the name is definitely deceiving.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_City_Policy