View Single Post
nothingwithoutjoy 11:49 AM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by Soakleaf428:
Thank you for the beautiful pictures. That helps so much! What about your outdoor space? Do you have a garden? Climbers? Toys? Do you bring inside outside?
You're welcome. I have some outdoor pictures on this site, too, here and here.
I have deep shade in most of my yard, so we don't have a veggie garden. I do have flower beds and a sad little herb garden (the kids love it, because they can pick and eat.) I have chickens and lots of trees and the saddest "lawn" you ever saw--eroded dirt. The mud kitchen is their favorite place to play. I also have some logs for climbing on and a ring of logs for sitting around the fire pit. We have a shed w/lots of choices in it: trikes and bikes, an art cart, sleds, water toys, shovels, basic dress-ups like scarves and hats, binoculars, balls, etc. I do bring indoor stuff outside frequently (usually books or art supplies), but when we are outdoors, my main goal for them is to get immersed in nature, so bringing stuff out is not a major focus for us. Same with climbers; to me, it's a distraction from what I'd really like them to be doing. (Though we do have a slide someone donated, propped on a log b/c I'm not sure it's staying.) There's lots more photos on my facebook page.