View Single Post
e.j. 06:37 AM 08-17-2012
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare:
SO this is my odd situation that happen today. Maybe I just find it odd and it really isn't a big deal. Mom came to pick up daycare baby today but this time she brought some lady with her. After she walked in the door she introduced the lady to me as someone she works with and that she had to take her to pick up her car, she hopes I don't mind that she invited her in. Are you serious?
I had something similar happen to me only it was a grandparent, not a parent, showing off my day care to one of her co-workers. We had been very busy so at the end of the day, my house looked like a tornado went through it. The kids had slept late so after nap, I just left the nap mats, pillows and blankets on the floor and had them go to the kitchen for snack. While the kids were eating, some parents arrived for early pick up. I was running around trying to serve the kids seconds, trying to help potty training kids in the bathroom and trying to get the kids who were leaving changed and ready to go.

When this woman arrived to pick up her grandchild, she told me she wanted to show the room to her friend. I explained that it wasn't a good time but she walked right on through the closed doors of my playroom saying, "Oh no problem! She grew up with 6 kids in her family; she knows what it's like. We just want to look." This family tends to have problems with boundaries anyway so I shouldn't have been surprised but I couldn't believe how she completely disregarded the fact that I had just told her it wasn't a good time. I can't imagine having that kind of nerve.