Thread: The pledge.
View Single Post
permanentvacation 08:11 AM 09-30-2015
Yeah, just add it one day. You can get a small flag from Walmart and just hold it while you say the Pledge. And I would think the next question would be 'should we say the 'under God' part?' My answer to that is to call your local public school and ask if they say that part or not and teach your daycare children the way they will be saying it in kindergarten, unless you have your desired preference no matter how the schools say it.

I start my 'school time' with the Pledge just like they will be doing once they get into public school. The kids have free play until everyone is here. Then we have breakfast, then circle time. When they come over for circle time, they remain standing, put their right hand over their heart, look at the flag that I am holding, and recite the Pledge. Then they sit down and we go over the calendar, colors, shapes, etc.

Since my local public school says the 'under God' part, we do too. I've had children of families of various religious beliefs including atheists and have told them that we say the Pledge with with the words 'under God' and it has never been a problem. If you would feel more comfortable about making sure your parents are alright with it, you might want to mention whether or not you will be saying 'under God' in the Pledge with your kids. I suppose, some very extreme people might actually not want their children pledging allegiance to anything in the first place. But I haven't come across anyone like that yet.