View Single Post
Thriftylady 08:16 AM 05-30-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We've only had one other provider, but the commute to her house was draining so when I found this current lady who termed me I was overjoyed and evidently overzealous in pursuing my children positions in her care. I quit on the previous lady who had the long commute.

I should just quit my job and stay home next year. This has been a roller coaster for me. I know my son is active and my "mommy guilt" probably does make me too lax of a parent. But GD. I paid her last year almost what I would have paid to put my kids in a montessori preschool (again, I couldn't feasibly do that given the commute from where I live). Could she have just let me know, Hey you are getting annoying and I need to lock in some clients. You have til the end of the week to decide what you to do.
But you can't get mad about what you paid her, the way I read your post, you OFFERED to pay her more. You can't hardly get upset after doing something you choose to do. Granted, I probably wouldn't have taken the over payment myself, but different strokes.... You also say that she abused your child (because that is what licensing would call it in most states), yet you want to stay with her? Why would you even consider keeping your child in a dangerous place? Maybe if the commute to daycare and such is so bad you could consider moving. Much of what you have issue with are things you have full control over. Yes, moving is extreme and a huge job, I get that. But so is parenting.