View Single Post
Abigail 01:50 AM 12-17-2011
Right now I have an under 2 rate that is $15/week higher and then the average in-home daycare rate for our area (provided by CCRR each summer) once they turn 2. If someone is close to 2 years old I will pro-rate them but if they're only 18 months I wouldn't know. I have a 22 month old part time interview soon so I quoted the age 2 rate, but I'm sure I could have charge the under 2 rate since they're very part time. Either way I don't feel like I'm paying myself too little.

I have a set $50/week school age rate whether they attend before or after or both. If someone had to come really early and ended up staying later in the evenings too I might add more. The school out days I already figured they add $15 per day that school is out then it breaks down to $25 for the non-school day. If school age on had to come a few days a week, like if the parent didn't work and was home somedays during the week I would also work with them on that.

When I did my rates, I started out average straight across the board for everything. Then I decided I would be straight across the average rates but higher for infants so I don't feel I am taking a "pay cut' when they turn two. I personally would like more ages 2 on up for conversations and participation in activities, but want to have at least one little baby for my baby fix LOL.

If I change anything it would be when I have more experience. I would probably add the infant rate higher for under age 1 because I only want one under the age of 1. Then I could have 2 who are age 1 (slightly higher rate) and the rest to fill my 7 spot limit ages 2 on up (average rate).

Additional Info: I provide formula because I'm on the food program. I want to provide everything except diapers and they can bring a blanket IF they want but I'm okay with providing a blanket until they're on a cot. I wash all blankets while they're here and will not be sending them home on Fridays anyways, but a baby under 12 months isn't suppose to have a blanket in the crib but I will use halo sleep sacks that I provide for young infants. I don't have kids of my own yet and really enjoy the baby blankets and sleep sacks and am more than willing to wash and store them here. I also will type up a sheet soon for parents of infants to hand out at interview time which will ask what they use for bedtime, for paci's, for bottles, for bibs, etc. It really will be "tell me more about your infant" kind of a sheet, but for me to know. We've had infants who couldn't use bibs with velcro because she broke out all over the back of her neck. I want to do the information sheet because I want to keep consistant and provide the bottles, wipes, burb rags, bibs, jar food, pacifiers, etc. It is up to me IF I want to buy the same bottle or brand of jar food but at least I know if it's different. I also like knowing where things have been and that they're clean. I've heard too many of my friends complain about seeing their bottle in another baby's mouth because they ran out of bottles or seeing a paci or blanket get mixed up. I obviously will not have as many infants as a center does, but I do want to have it all be my own things. Sorry this got kind of long. In the end, I wouldn't mind charging straight across the board and ask parents to supply some of the higher cost items for babies, but once you've got it you've got it.