View Single Post
craftymissbeth 06:49 PM 06-04-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am an unlicensed provider and I have completed CPR, first aid training and have read tons and tona of information on sids, child abuse and other day care related things. I charge less because I can. I only need a small amount of money to be able to stay at home and work from home. I live in an expensive upscale neighborhood and there are providers charging almost double what I charge and I was one if the parents who couldn't afford t pay 250 or 300 a week per chold so when I started doing daycare I wanted to help parents out. I have a beautiful home with awesome space for daycare and I spend several hours a week researching and preparing so that I can offer superior care and what some of you are saying is I should be shut down. I hear sports all the time about licensed daycare a and the terrible things that happen and my soon was in a licensed daycare center that I was paying 250 a week for and he hated it. Staff was rude, under qualified and made it obvious they were only there for the check . This us my dream and having it taken away because I am not licensed sounds silly.

You should consider rereading this entire thread. Not a single person here has said that unlicensed daycares should be shut down. sheesh!

The issue is that in some states, it is illegal to operate an unlicensed daycare and THAT is what I am upset about.