Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Sunshine69 12:03 PM 08-24-2020
I was super annoyed today listening to daycare parents complain about the time they are going to have to miss from work if their child gets sent home from school with a cough/runny nose or fever. I get that folks don’t like to use their time off for stuff like that but, not having any of those benefits myself, makes it hard for me to sympathize.

These particular dcp’s have government jobs and earn a paid sick day each month in addition to their vacation and holiday time. I’ve had these families over 3 years and I’ve taken one sick day in three years.

One was saying that they hadn’t used vacation time to save for the time they’ll miss. I was scratching my head. Dc child was out just last month when the family was on vacation.

None of these families seem to acknowledge that I have not taken a vacation in over 3 years.

Sorry folks, it is a pandemic. We’re all having struggles. Sure would be nice if they knew who they were complaining in front of. Kinda like complaining how messy your house is in the presence of a homeless person. Sheesh! Take it somewhere else.