View Single Post
Mike 06:03 AM 01-16-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I use FB but do not have a dedicated page because only one out of five parents signed the waiver. I list post of BST groups on there and mommy groups on there which has secured two clients. I am also considering doing some FB ADs but am not sure they are worth the expense.
I would say do the dedicated page, but don't put pictures of the kids. Pictures help, but you just have to not include kids in them. Problem is where people go to find a business. Remember the days when a successful business HAD to be listed in the yellow pages? Practically nobody uses them now. Instead, you had to have a website that people could find. That's still true now, but Facebook is becoming the most common place people go to when looking.

Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Actually I just tried this and no they do not find me.... that way. They used to with the old name but I needed to change the name for a couple reasons so created a new site not attached to the old one. I did feel I got more traffic to my old site but am not sure what I did differently. I feel hidden - what do I need to do differently?
Does your current site have the main words people will search for in the content? In the title and meta tags? Do your pages have keyword tags? Those things don't make a huge difference, and not right away, but they are the easiest things to make a difference. Also age and links. How long was the old site active, were there other sites that had links to it, and did it have links to other relevant but non-competing websites?