View Single Post
MyAngels 10:26 AM 02-24-2011
I think my attitude about having a home daycare is what set the tone for my own children as they grew up. I always looked at it as an opportunity for my kids to learn positive things. How to share, be open-hearted, caring and loving. How to learn to turn what could be considered a negative by some into a positive. I never took school aged kids, though, so that may have made it easier during their school years.

I'm sure there were times when my kids would have preferred to have their home to themselves, but they also realized that the trade off for that would be for me not to be available to them as I would have had to work outside the home to provide for all of us.

One positive thing for me, as a parent, has been that there are a whole lot of people here in our community who know me, my husband and my children. This means that, during their teenage years especially, there were lots of people keeping an eye out on my kids. (Just ask my daughter about the police officer who called one day to report that he'd seen her car traveling at a good clip down a city street ).