View Single Post
permanentvacation 09:06 AM 12-17-2014
They are sending what should be enough food for some babies his age. But it is all liquid - bottles of formula and stage 2 food which is basically liquid. It doesn't fill him up. So he eats constantly but never really feels full, so every couple of hours, hes hungry again. Every baby is different. This amount and type of food might fill up another baby, but it doesn't fill him up.

It's nothing other than being hungry. He's a very happy baby as long as his belly is full and his diaper is clean. When he starts crying like he's hungry, I change his diaper, try playing with him, moving him to different areas, everything. The only thing he wants is either food or a bottle - something to fill his belly. As soon as he eats/drinks, he's happy again for a while.

I talked to his mother this morning. I told her - basically every thing I have told her a few times already, but this time I did start out telling her that next month, because of the food program rules, I have to provide all the formula and food and he will have to eat according to the food program requirements. I told her how he eats his fruit and then a bottle here within an hour or so of being here even though he had a bottle before he left is house, so within 2 hours, he has 2 bottles and fruit. I told her I really believe he needs cereal in the morning. She did say a couple of times that she doesn't understand why his feeding schedule is different at home than here. I told her I think he's awake more here. I am lucky if he will sleep a full hour for nap here. She said that he slept for 3 hours straight when the dad took him home yesterday. I asked where he sleeps for nap at home. She said in his room with the door closed and when grand mom babysits him, she puts him in a room with the door closed so he sleeps for about 3 hours there as well. I told her that here he has to sleep on the main floor with the other child making noise playing, me talking, the phone ringing, and the dog barking and that he might maybe sleep about an hour here. So that's most likely why he needs to eat more here than at home. Simply because he's awake more here. She finally seemed to understand and agree that what I said makes sense. She said she will bring me a box of cereal for him tomorrow. And when I told her about the changes for next month, she simply said 'okay'. I really expected a debate. But she just said okay. So, hopefully she'll bring the cereal tomorrow and things will be better.