View Single Post
Blackcat31 10:29 AM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean:
How do you approach those situations? this is a good point. one hand I don't get a break . period . if my kids are sick i may close but i don't have a care provider to watch them for me so i feel no pity, i have bad up meals in the freezer and nap times to help like most i guess. but what about the parent who comes over acting like its our job to take care of their kid because we are paid to, and we've just reached that point of, okay this cycle has to end or whatever. if its not in the policies it may create conflict. what exactly do you say to avoid conflict to get parents to take off and stay home with kids for our preventative measures without a policy to back it up.
I am lucky as I am in that spot in this profession where most my families are long term families so the working relationship is non-stop and continuous.

If someone (DCK or their parent) is coming down with something it's mentioned early on and "what will we do tomorrow" or "If this gets worse" type of conversations happen daily.

I also use the 24/48 hour rule and more than anything that policy impacts whether a child attends when not feeling very well more than anything.

It also helps alot that almost all my parents are the same age or younger than my own kids...