View Single Post
Play Care 11:16 AM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean:
How do you approach those situations? this is a good point. one hand I don't get a break . period . if my kids are sick i may close but i don't have a care provider to watch them for me so i feel no pity, i have bad up meals in the freezer and nap times to help like most i guess. but what about the parent who comes over acting like its our job to take care of their kid because we are paid to, and we've just reached that point of, okay this cycle has to end or whatever. if its not in the policies it may create conflict. what exactly do you say to avoid conflict to get parents to take off and stay home with kids for our preventative measures without a policy to back it up.
Not BC, but I have a strict illness policy and have no issue calling for and insisting on pick ups. We *rarely* have illness run rampant through day care because of this.

I have said before that it's no ones job but my own to give me a break. So I take 3 weeks of vacation, all the Federal holidays and give myself 5-7 paid sick/personal days each year. Once I started taking care of me, I found I didn't feel as "used" as I previously had.

I do wonder if maybe you are having this issue with a particular parent and not all your clients, it might be best to start interviewing and let them go?